– How did you spend your 2019?
– How fast did you go in 2019?
Sometimes in life, we go fast to make sure we complete our tasks, achieve our goals and show people that we can accomplish our goals. It’s a hard and very challenging process, so we ask ourselves what to do to maintain this pace?
Taking a break is often necessary to become more effective. As someone said, “work without play makes Jack a dull boy,” hence the importance of pausing sometimes to rethink, relax and review.
Looking back at this year, I realize that I was on the fast lane frequently. Now that the year is over, I ask myself why I was always on the fast lane, and how I could have paused and reassessed my priorities along the way.
Now as we embark on the train for the year 2020, I think it’s time for us to work at our own pace and timing instead of trying to impress others. We must learn to love our goals, our timing, our challenges and our everyday life. Once we learn to do these things, then we will know:
· How to press pause;
· How to slow down our schedule;
· How to better reflect on our future;
· How to be better in 2020;
· How to become more effective in 2020;
· How to better strategize our thoughts, actions, etc.
Have a blessed 2020!